[IBIS-Users] IBIS-4.1/AMS tutorial at DesignCon

From: Pratt, Gary <gary_pratt_at_.....>
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 07:16:20 PDT
Greeting SI Enthusiasts,

I'd like to get a feeling for the level of interest in another
installment of the IBIS-4.1/AMS tutorial at DesignCon 2007.  Did
everyone who was interested get a chance to attend the tutorial at
DesignCon 2006, or is there interest in another session in 2007?
For those unfamiliar with IBIS-4.1/AMS, this is the technique the IBIS
committee has chosen to move forward with new technologies.  IBIS4.1/AMS
is a complete modeling language that accommodates additional features
and functions of new I/O technology without the need to modify the IBIS
specification or wait for EDA vendors to support the modifications.
IBIS-4.1/AMS is proving useful for a wide variety of applications
including SERDES modeling, SSN, automated eye measurements, receive-side
equalization, slew-dependant timing, receiver clock recovery, functional
SI verification, multi-level signaling, etc.
The 2006 tutorial can be read at
<http://si-list.org/files/mentor_designcon_2006/HYPERLINK
"http://si-list.org/files/mentor_designcon_2006/AMS%20Tutorial%20.pdf"AM
S Tutorial .pdf
<http://si-list.org/files/mentor_designcon_2006/HYPERLINK > >.  The 2007
version will include sections on using IBIS-4.1/AMS for performing
electrical and timing verification of DDR2 memory, and other interesting
applications that have come up over the year.
Please let me know if you are interested (preferably via private
response, to reduce list clutter).  And/or, if you attended 2006, let me
know if there is anything you would like to see different in 2007.
Thanks in advance,
Gary Pratt

Gary L. Pratt, P.E.
Product Manager - High-Speed Design Kits
SDD Division
Office: (503) 685-1177
Mobile: dial '0' at Voicemail, or
mobile: (262) 337-2196