RE: [IBIS-Users] How to obtain Golden waveforms of ver 4.x?

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 09:39:41 PDT
Siva,

The "golden waveforms" are mentioned in the context of the [Test Data]
and [Test Load] keywords.  These are waveforms generated using the
original circuit design on which the IBIS data is based.  [Test Data]
can be included in an IBIS file to give recipients an idea of how well
the IBIS data, particularly after interpretation by an EDA SI tool,
matches the original circuit design's output for a given load condition.

For example, one could verify both the usage of the [Driver Schedule]
keyword in a particular tool and the data behind it by comparing it to
[Test Data] generated for the same test load and environmental
conditions.  If the [Test Data] and tool output match, then the tool is
implementing the proper combination of the [Driver Schedule] sections
for that buffer design, test conditions and data pattern.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum