RE: [IBIS-Users] Maximum current flowing in Clamp data

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 10:44:27 PDT
YY,

Assuming that your voltage sweep range is reasonable, you may wish to
check with your design team first, regarding how they model diodes.
Diodes in some process models can be too idealized; this could easily
result in massive currents at relatively low voltages.  Fixing the diode
model before the data is generated would be likely be preferable to (and
easier than) adjusting the IBIS tables after extraction.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum