[IBIS-Users] Asian IBIS Summit (Japan) - Fifth Announcement

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 22:01:44 PDT
The IBIS Open Forum is holding the first Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
Meeting in Tokyo, Japan, where several major companies have design
operations and use IBIS.  A complete agenda and schedule will be
distributed one week before the summit date.

JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
Association) is the primary event sponsor with several companies,
listed below, acting as co-sponsors.  The event will held at JEITA
headquarters in Tokyo.  Several US experts are expected to
participate.

Note that we are also holding a Summit in Shanghai, China on October
27, announced separately.  You may want to consider this in your
travel plans.

Michael Mirmak
Intel Corporation

Takeshi Watanabe
NEC Electronics Corporation

                         ASIAN IBIS SUMMIT (JAPAN)
                              CALL FOR
                      PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS

             A S I A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   ( J A P A N )

Time/Date:  Tuesday October 31, 2006,  8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
            Meeting starts at 9:00 AM

Location:   JEITA Headquarters
            3rd Fl., Mitsui Sumitomo Kaijo Bldg. Annex 11,
            Kanda Surugadai 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku,
            Tokyo 101-0062
            JAPAN

            http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
            and Ideas.

Organizational Sponsors:
            Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
               Association (JEITA)
            EIA IBIS Open Forum

Co-sponsors (in alphabetical order):
            ATE Service Corporation (Sigrity)
            Cadence Design Systems
            Cybernet Systems (formerly KAW)
            Mentor Graphics
            Synopsys

Cost:       FREE, including refreshments and lunch

            Contact us for details regarding sponsorship

BACKGROUND

   This year we holding the first open Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
   meeting.  Major Japanese companies operate in Tokyo and are
   affiliated with JEITA and IBIS.

   Our objective is to reach out internationally to communicate with
   the local experts and to learn of regional concerns.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGE

   The conference language is English, but we will plan for technical
   translations in English and Japanese.  Presenters may optionally
   deliver in Japanese as long as an English version of the material
   is available.

IBIS SUMMIT

   This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
   Presentations will be archived in an electronic format on our
   Summit site and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  However,
   no formal decisions requiring votes will be planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

   People involved in IBIS model development, EDA tool development,
   and digital circuit design are invited to participate to the
   Summit meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with
   the information below:

     Name:
     E-mail address:

     Company:
     Top-level Web Link:

     Country:
     Telephone:

   Send to BOTH:

     Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group    bob@teraspeed.com
     Takeshi Watanabe, NEC Electronics Corp. takeshi.watanabe@necel.com

   SIGNUP DEADLINE: October 20, 2006

     Because of limited space, advance registration is required.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

   We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS
   experiences or issues.  If we have to select presentations for
   the number of time slots available, we will give preferential
   consideration to presentations from Asia.

   Presentation Format:   LCD Projection from meeting laptop computer
   Time:                  15-30 Minutes including questions
   Electronic Archival:   All presentations will uploaded to our public
                          IBIS Summit archives
   Electronic Format:     Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe PDF
   Presentation Copies:   Available at the meeting for all attendees

   Presentation Deadline: October 20, 2006 to produce the presentation
                          copies for the meeting

   If you plan a presentation, please ADD to the above registration
   information:

     Title of Presentation:

     Estimated Time:
       (30 minutes or less)

   We will notify you of acceptance and may follow up with questions
   when we form the program agenda.

   Note: Vendor promotional or business information is prohibited.
   Submitted presentations must be in English, although the delivery
   can be in either Japanese or English.

   Submissions from Asian are encouraged.

AGENDA

   8:30 -   9:00  Sign in Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
   9:00 -  12:00  Presentations
   12:00 - 12:40  Free lunch
   12:40 - 15:00  Presentations
   15:00          End of Meeting
=20
   The specific agenda is being developed.  We expect seven or eight
   presentations covering a range of issues from existing customer
   experiences, existing clarifications and some of the future
   directions in IBIS to deal with technical advances.

   Several major IBIS Committee presentations from IBIS officers or
   active members are planned

   Several presentations on IBIS applications or modeling issues are
   expected from co-sponsor companies or their customers.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRAVEL RULES

   Hotels in all price ranges can be found through internet searches.
   JEITA suggests the Tokyo Dome Hotel as convenient accommodation.

   JEITA headquarters is located near several train stations (click
   image):

     http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm