RE: [IBIS-Users] Error message from IBIS parser.

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 09:34:32 PDT
Anguraj and Lars,

The error message results from a mismatch between your I-V tables and
the "settled" starting and ending points of your V-t tables.  The parser
treats any mismatch between 2% and 10% as worthy of a warning.
Mismatches greater than 10% will cause an error.

Recall that the V-t tables should start and end at a voltage determined
by the voltage division of the circuit containing R_fixture, V_fixture
and the "on" resistance of your pullup or pulldown.  Long before and
long after transitions, your V-t tables should effectively be at DC.
Therefore, you should be able to match these starting and ending DC V-t
table values to the voltage-intercept of a load-line, with value of
R_fixture, drawn across your I-V table.  If the V-t start/end points and
the load-line intercepts don't match, a warning or error will be issued.

Running the simulation longer could help the issue at the *end* of the
table, but may not help the mismatch at the beginning.  I would not
recommend changing the R_fixture of your model alone, unless you are
generating new V-t tables using that new value.

The process for matching is documented in the IBIS Cookbook:
http://www.eda-stds.org/ibis/cookbook/cookbook-v4.pdf.  Please consult
this document for further detail.

I would also suggest using the latest parser (ibischk4), to ensure that
the error message is not the result of any previously-detected bug in
ibischk3.

Good luck!

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.