Re: [IBIS-Users] Warnings in V-t curves

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Tue Nov 07 2006 - 22:27:41 PST
Hello Sudarshan:

I would have to see the full buffer model you are using in
case there are other surprise issues.

However, based on the waveform
information you supplied, the buffer appears to be Open_drain
or else have a very weak [Pullup] table.  The rising and falling
waveform maximum endpoints are just the V_fixture voltage of  2.5 V.

You do not give the R_fixture value, but I assume it is in the
order fo 50 ohms to get the votage swings.

The timing load test case of Rref/Vref is 1e9 and 0 V.  Even if
the voltage is changed to 2.5 V, the 1e9 resistance is still
too large to cause the buffer to reach any reasonable Vmeas
voltage.

Try using 50 ohms to 2.5 V.  The actual values are based on the
timing delay specification reference setup and referenced to
the pad voltages.  The Vmeas value would have to be between
1.25 and 2.5 V, consistent with the Rising and Falling Waveform
tables.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC