RE: [IBIS-Users] Warnings in V-t curves

From: Sudarshan Honnudike <sudarshan.honnudike_at_.....>
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 00:21:46 PST
Hi Bob & Lynne,

I want to get some more clarifications on your answers. Lynne told that ,
Vmeas should be between
Vinl and Vinh. As Vin = 1.2 V , Vinl and Vinh would be 0.36 and 0.84 V
respectively . In that case Vmeas
should be between 0.36 and 0.84. But if we connect R_fix to VDDE(2.5 V)
then in falling waveform, it will fall to
1.25V. So in that case it will not cross Vmeas.

So according to what Bob suggested,  Vmeas should be between 1.25 and 2.5
V. Please correct me if i am wrong in
explanation.

And as Bob said, it is an open drain cell. I have taken R_fix as 44 ohm.

I have changed R_ref to 50 ohm , Vmeas to 1.25 V and V_ref to 1.3V. Now I
am able to get rid of those warnings.

From the cookbook I understood that Vref, Cref, Rref and Vmeas are AC test
load conditions. i.e, under this setup,
buffer's delay information is measured. Can we use the same value of
R_fix, C_fix and V_fix to Rref , Cref and Vref
parameters,  as under these parameters we measure the V-t waveforms. ?

Please let me know your answers.

Best Regards,

Sudarshan HN
NXP Semiconductors/CTO /PLT
# 1 Murphy Road, Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560 008 , India.
Ph:+91-80-40247073
Fax: +91-80-4024 7855
seri:sudarsha@inpsblr
E-mail: sudarshan.honnudike@nxp.com

"Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@mindspring.com>

"'Sudarshan Honnudike'" <sudarshan.honnudike@nxp.com>
<ibis-users@eda.org>
<ibis-info@eda.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [IBIS-Users] Warnings in V-t curves
Classification

Hello, Sudarshan,

1) Please use ibischk4.  This is capable of checking [IBIS ver] 3.2
models.
Bug fixes and enhancements are not patched back into older versions of
ibischk.

2) Rref, Cref, Vref and Vmeas are used for hardware testing, and should be
on the I/O data sheet or on the I/O interface specification.  Vmeas is
normally between Vinl and Vinh.

3) Rref default value is 50 ohms.  1E+9 is not a reasonable value.

4) Vcc_core is not used in the IBIS model.  It is used only in simulation
drive the "core" pins (Enable, Data) on the I/O buffer.

5) There are two good sources of modeling help.  These are the
 IBIS Cookbook http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/tools.htm
and the IBIS Quality Checklist http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/quality_wip/

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412