[IBIS-Users] Common Mode range for Differential cells.

From: Sudarshan Honnudike <sudarshan.honnudike_at_.....>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 22:13:03 PST
Hi Experts,

With the  new IBIS specification we can define the differential pins with
the construct

[Diff Pin]     inv_pin     vdiff      tdelay_typ    tdelay_min tdelay_max
  1                    2              200mv         NA           NA     NA

With this construct we can define the minimum difference voltage
Vdiff(1-2) between the two differential pins to get
logic state at the differential output. At the same time another important
parameter which determines the differential
output is common mode range. If the differnence between the two pins(1-2)
is at its correct value ( -200 > Vdiff >200 )
but if it is not in the common mode range then output is undefined.

Is there any way to define the Common Mode Range for differential cells in
IBIS ?

Best Regards,

Sudarshan HN
NXP Semiconductors/CTO /PLT