[IBIS-Users] Modeling of parasitics for discrete RLCs

From: Galindo, Javier \(Mission Systems\) <javier.galindo_at_.....>
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 09:32:26 PST
Hi,
Just joined last night. I was looking into my company's IBIS model
library and noticed that all our discretes passive components had the
same values for parasitics, i.e. all our resistors and capacitors seemed
to have the same parasitic RLC values regardless of package size, value,
vendor, etc... So now I'm wondering:

1) I know depending on frequency parasitic values can have an effect,
but is there a wide enough range in parasitic values from discrete
passive component to discrete passive component to warrant me looking
into this further?
2) Where does everyone else get their models for passive discrete
components? Do most people just generate the model themselves or are
their vendors you have some available?

Thanks,
Javy
Digital Design Engineer
Northrop Grumman - Rancho Carmel, San Diego CA
858 592-3014