[IBIS-Users] Rref and R_fixture clarifications

From: Sudarshan Honnudike <sudarshan.honnudike_at_.....>
Date: Wed Feb 07 2007 - 06:37:54 PST
Hi Lynne and all,

Actually I am taking one of my previous question and I am asking this
question also.

Sometime back lynne has mentioned that, Rref and Cref are for timing
checks and R_fixture corresponds to
loads to measure V-t tables as it
breaks some of the tool's algorithms.

Now i have a specific case.  For IIC we need to connect a load of 400 pF.
Its a very slow cell. Its a IIC system requirement.
In the specification they say, in a system there will be around 40
recievers connected to 1 driver through IIC bus. If you convert
the distributed loading of these 40 Rcx to 1 lumped loading it comes
around 400 pF.

So do i need to connect a C_fixture of 400 pF load while generating V-t
tables ? If not where this load should be specified and what load has to
be used for generating V-t tables?

Let me know your response.

Best Regards,

Sudarshan HN
NXP Semiconductors/CTO /PLT
C-4, Manyata Tech Park, Nagawara
Bangalore-560 045 , India.
Ph:+91-80-40267073
Fax: +91-80-4026 7855
seri:sudarsha@inpsblr
E-mail: sudarshan.honnudike@nxp.com

"Lynne D. Green" <lgreen22@mindspring.com>

"'Alex Hilbers'" <alex.hilbers@asml.com>
"'Sudarshan Honnudike'" <sudarshan.honnudike@nxp.com>
<ibis-users@eda.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [IBIS-Users] Information on Vref, Rref & Cref
Classification

I was somewhat confused about the loading question and reply.

Rref and Cref are for timing checks, not for simulation.  The loading for
V-t tables is R_fixture.  So both are needed in a model.

One should not use reactive loading in a V-t table.  This has been
observed
to "break" the algorithm as implemented by some SI tools.

The underlying algorithms have been published in two papers:
* The Development of Analog SPICE Behavioral Model Based on IBIS Model
Ying Wang & Han Ngee Tan
 * Extraction of Transient Behavioral Model of Digital I/O Buffers from
IBIS
P. Tehrani, Y. Chen & J. Fang

- Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412