Re: [IBIS-Users] Open drain: Vmeas, Rref and Vref measurement

From: Shiv Harit MATHUR <shiv.mathur_at_.....>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 01:06:55 PST
Hello Mirmark

Thanks for your prompt response and explanation.

I am still not able to understand the significance of Vmeas and Vref.

1. There could be many possible values of both, i.e if Vref (Vref > 0) is changed to different values we would have different values of Vmeas.
   can I write Vref = 3.0V (i.e. supply voltage) and calculate the drop across the Rref and then dump the value of Vmeas.

2. Also does Vref and Vmeas have any effect on Rising and Falling waveforms of the buffer.
   as the cookbook refers these parameters in relation to timing values.
   Although I personally think this is not the case, but still I am not able to figure out the importance these parameters.

Regards
Shiv