[IBIS-Users] Freescale 8343 DDR2 IBIS CLOCK Driver models & Micron DDR2 receiver ???

From: Ralf Bruening <ralf.bruening_at_.....>
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 04:18:19 PDT
Hello all,

has anyone on this list(s) experience in using Freescale PPC QUICC II
Pro 8343 differential DDR2 clock models (ddr2_io_1111 from rev8343_rev202.ibis
from Febraury 27th, rather new) driving a Micron differential clock
input over a terminated differential transmission line (CLKIN from u26a.ibs).

Me I get always starnge differential waveforms (wrong crossing point,
below Vcross_low which is 0.675 V, I only get beween 0.55 and 0.64
depending on Zdiff which I have varied between 85 and 125 Ohms) when
driving this model, while using a Micron diff-driver the waveforms look perfect,
so its obviously not an issue of the receiver model from Micron.

Anything I'm overlooking ?

Yes, I have already contact Freescale support, answer pending, and yes
I cross-checked in HSPICE either but have not finished all these
simulations yet.

Thx for any feedback/hints - take my regards from rainy Paderborn

    Ralf

Ralf Bruening
Product Manager High Speed Design/Partner & Solution Business
Zuken EMC Technology Center
Vattmannstr.3
33100 Paderborn - Germany

Tel: ++49 (0) 5251 150 600
Fax: ++49 (0) 5251 150 700
Cellular: +49 170 4228512

Email: ralf.bruening-(@)-zuken.de (cleaned for robots)
Web: http://www.zuken.com

Zuken Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hallbergmoos
Register: Amtsgericht München HBR 108421
Geschäftsführer: Jinya Katsube, Gerhard Lipski

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.