RE: [IBIS-Users] V/T Window adjustment

From: <rrwolff_at_.....>
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 08:00:40 PDT
Shiv,

I have modeled similarly fast switching buffers by removing leading
"dead" time from the V-t waveforms.  I treat min, typ, and max corners
as independent sets of V-t curves.  Make sure to remove the same amount
of time from all 4 min curves, typ curves, or max curves to maintain the
correct timing between the curves to different termination voltages.  I
also document in the Notes section of the model the amount of time I
shift the typ relative to the max and the min relative to the max (in
case someone wants to match up the spice model to the IBIS model).

You only show one set of V-t waveforms in the attached JPEG, but
assuming that these curves represent the earliest switch times, I would
trim off approximately the following delay times from the three corners:

Max: 90ps
Nom: 175ps
Min: 350ps

I suggest you submit your model to the IBIS Model Review Committee when
you are done and ready for a final check.

Regards,
Randy

Randy Wolff
SI Modeling Manager