[IBIS-Users] Asian IBIS Summit (Japan) First Announcement

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 07:44:10 PDT
To All:

The IBIS Open Forum is holding its second Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
Meeting in Tokyo, Japan, where several major companies have design
operations and use IBIS.  This is an early announcement to aid in
advanced travel planning.

JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
Association) is the primary event sponsor with several companies,
listed below, acting as co-sponsors.  The event will held at JEITA
headquarters in Tokyo.  Several US experts are expected to
participate.

We encourage technical contributions from Asia.  We expect a full
agenda of relevant material.

Note that we are also holding a Summit in Beijing, China on September
11.  You may want to consider this in your travel plans.

Michael Mirmak
Intel Corporation

Takeshi Watanabe
NEC Electronics Corporation

                          ASIAN IBIS SUMMIT (JAPAN)
                               FIRST CALL FOR
                       PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS

              A S I A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   ( J A P A N )

Time/Date:  Tuesday September 14, 2007,  8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
             Meeting starts at 9:00 AM

Location:   JEITA Headquarters
             3rd Fl., Mitsui Sumitomo Kaijo Bldg. Annex 11,
             Kanda Surugadai 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku,
             Tokyo 101-0062
             JAPAN

             http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm

Content:    Presentations and Discussions

Purpose:    Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information
             and Ideas.

Organizational Sponsors:
             Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
                Association (JEITA)
             EIA IBIS Open Forum

Co-sponsors (in alphabetical order):
             Agilent Technologies
             ATE Service Corporation (Sigrity)
             Cadence Design Systems
             Cybernet Systems
             Mentor Graphics Corporation

Cost:       FREE, including refreshments and lunch

             Contact us for details regarding sponsorship

BACKGROUND

    This year we holding the first open Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
    meeting.  Major Japanese companies operate in Tokyo and are
    affiliated with JEITA and IBIS.

    Our objective is to reach out internationally to communicate with
    the local experts and to learn of regional concerns.

CONFERENCE LANGUAGE

    The conference language is English, but we will plan for technical
    translations in English and Japanese.  Presenters may optionally
    deliver in Japanese as long as an English version of the material
    is available.

IBIS SUMMIT

    This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.
    Presentations will be archived in an electronic format on our
    Summit site and minutes of the meeting will be issued.  However,
    no formal decisions requiring votes will be planned.

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

    People involved in IBIS model development, EDA tool development,
    and digital circuit design are invited to participate to the
    Summit meeting. If you plan to participate, please register with
    the information below:

      Name:
      E-mail address:

      Company:
      Top-level Web Link:

      Country:
      Telephone:

    Send to BOTH:

      Bob Ross, Teraspeed Consulting Group    bob@teraspeed.com
      Takeshi Watanabe, NEC Electronics Corp. takeshi.watanabe@necel.com

    SIGNUP DEADLINE: September 7, 2007

      Because of limited space, advance registration is required.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

    We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS
    experiences or issues.  If we have to select presentations for
    the number of time slots available, we will give preferential
    consideration to presentations from Asia.

    Presentation Format:   LCD Projection from meeting laptop computer
    Time:                  15-30 Minutes including questions
    Electronic Archival:   All presentations will uploaded to our public
                           IBIS Summit archives
    Electronic Format:     Microsoft Powerpoint or Adobe PDF
    Presentation Copies:   Available at the meeting for all attendees

    Presentation Deadline: September 7, 2007 to produce the presentation
                           copies for the meeting

    If you plan a presentation, please ADD to the above registration
    information:

      Title of Presentation:

      Estimated Time:
        (30 minutes or less)

    We will notify you of acceptance and may follow up with questions
    when we form the program agenda.

    Note: Vendor promotional or business information is prohibited.
    Submitted presentations must be in English, although the delivery
    can be in either Japanese or English.

    Submissions from Asian are encouraged.

AGENDA

    8:30 -   9:00  Sign in Asian IBIS Summit (Japan)
    9:00 -  12:00  Presentations
    12:00 - 12:40  Free lunch
    12:40 - 14:30  Presentations
    15:00          End of Meeting
    15:30 - 17:00  Open Discussion about EDA Model
                   (JEITA-EIA/IBIS Meeting)
    17:00          Welcome Party

    The specific agenda is being developed.  We expect seven or eight
    presentations covering a range of issues from existing customer
    experiences, existing clarifications and some of the future
    directions in IBIS to deal with technical advances.

    Several major IBIS Committee presentations from IBIS officers or
    active members are planned

    Several presentations on IBIS applications or modeling issues are
    expected from co-sponsor companies or their customers.

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS AND TRAVEL RULES

    Hotels in all price ranges can be found through internet searches.
    JEITA suggests the Tokyo Dome Hotel as convenient accommodation.

    JEITA headquarters is located near several train stations (click
    image):

      http://www.jeita.or.jp/english/about/location/index.htm

Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs
121 North River Drive              13610 SW Harness Lane
Narragansett, RI 02882             Beaverton, OR 97008
401-284-1827                       503-430-1065
http://www.teraspeed.com           503-246-8048 Direct
bob@teraspeed.com

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC