RE: [IBIS-Users] Extraction of Vinh+ and vinh-

From: Mirmak, Michael <michael.mirmak_at_.....>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2007 - 05:37:38 PDT
Akhilesh,

The same way one would use, for a common no-hysteresis device, input
thresholds of 0.8 and 2.0 V for Vinl and Vinh, respectively.  These
represent the highest voltage still considered a "low" and the lowest
voltage still considered a "high."  Everything below 0.8 is guaranteed
low and everything above 2.0 is guaranteed high.  In-between is a "no
man's land" where the logic state of any one component seeing that input
level cannot be guaranteed.

Hysteresis complicates this somewhat, but the general concept is still
the same.

- Michael Mirmak
  Intel Corp.
  Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum