[IBIS-Users] IBIS model for differential bipolar current mode logic output

From: Jon Read <Jon.Read_at_.....>
Date: Thu Aug 09 2007 - 12:17:05 PDT
IBIS users, (See schematic below).
           I am a new creator of IBIS models. The circuit that I need to
model are bipolar.
The first one I did was for s single ended AB driver with 50 ohm output
impedance.
I have now been chalanged to create/extract a model for a
bipolar differential current mode logic output buffer, similar in
principle as I have attempted
to draw below. So the differential extraction processed outlined in the
IBIS cook book seems
rather complex.
1) I know there are no paths for differential currents to flow.
2) The I/V curve should look like a 50 Ohm resistor referenced to VCC.
The problem I had extracting the IV curves is that the IV curve should
go to zero I
at some point and this is where the VT curves are tested to match.
However, the actual circuit is
driven into a region it was not intended to operate in and the curves
don't match. Another way of
saying this is the circuit simply will not operate unless driven into
the 50 ohm pullup.
Does anyone have an idea how to get around this???

Jon Read

            Inside die/pkg        |       Outside die/pkg

                 VCC              |
  VCC
                  |               |

              ____|___            |
____|____
             /        \           |                                    /
        \
   50 Ohms   \        / 50 Ohms   |                            50 Ohms \
        / 50 Ohms
             /        \           |                                    /
        \
             \        /           |
\         /
          QB
|--------|-----------|-----=========================------|         |

|-----------|-----=========================----------------|
             |        | Q         |     50 Ohm Transmission lines
          | /          \ |        |
                     Current Source