[IBIS-Users] SerDes modeling - SiSoft IBIS-AMI Toolkit version 1.00 is available

From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh_at_.....>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 14:48:08 PDT
As I hope you're aware, the IBIS Advanced Technology Modeling (IBIS-ATM) task group has been working
to define a modeling standard for Serdes Rx/Tx models that will provide interoperability across EDA
tools and IP vendor models.  This group has been working on a proposal for modeling SerDes
equalization and clock recovery behavior using "executable" models that conform to a standardized
calling interface.  The proposal addresses how models are loaded and executed, how waveform data is
passed to/from the model and how model-specific control settings are managed.

These models are known as IBIS Algorithmic Modeling Interface (IBIS-AMI) models.

You can find information on the task group's efforts on-line:

http://www.eda-stds.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/

The task group approved a draft version of the proposal for "prototype implementation" this past
May.  Sample models and EDA integrations were developed, and we've demonstrated that the sample
models are operable across different EDA platforms.

SiSoft is providing a free "IBIS-AMI Evaluation Toolkit" for public evaluation.  Release 1.00 of the
toolkit has been posted in the "Work Archive" section of:

http://www.eda-stds.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/

The toolkit is posted as a .zip file that contains the IBIS_AMI_test program that allows AMI models
to be run from the command line, a sample 4-tap Tx model (both executable and source code), along
with sample data and basic documentation.  Executables are provided for both Windows and Linux
platforms.  You can use this toolkit to perform analyses with the channel data provided, or you can
substitute data for your own channel design.  Please note that the input/output data for the model
conforms to the IBIS-AMI proposal; some programming and scripting skill will be needed if you plan
to adapt the kit for your own design use.

The toolkit is provided free by SiSoft; you are welcome to use it as you wish, subject to the
conditions laid out in the "license.txt" file.

We have established the mailer ibis-ami-toolkit@freelists.org for discussions about SiSoft's toolkit
and toolkits to follow from other EDA vendors.  You can join the ibis-ami-toolkit mailer by sending
an email with "subscribe" in the subject line to ibis-ami-toolkit-subscribe@freelists.org .  You can
also join the discussion group through the following URL:

http://www.freelists.org/list/ibis-ami-toolkit

Future releases of SiSoft's toolkit will be announced on the ibis-ami-toolkit mailer.   Any comments
are welcome and greatly appreciated; we will gauge updates to the kit based on the feedback we
receive.

Thanks for your interest, and happy modeling!

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products
SiSoft