[IBIS-Users] Calling a .pkg file to my IBIS file in the Simulator tool.

From: Ibis Model <ibis_model_at_.....>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 00:01:02 PDT
Hi

  I am facing some of the problem regarding the package file. I have downloaded an IBIS file together with the package model file (in .pkg format). I have a problem in adding my desired .pkg file into my current IBIS file when I perform my simulation. Below is the situation:

  I have an IBIS file with below [Component] section.  Now I would like to add in a package file with the extension .pkg (which I also place in the same folder with the IBIS file)

  [Component]      abc
  [Manufacturer]    studio.Inc.
[Package]
|variable        typ               min                  max
R_pkg          161.54m             5.44m              459.46m
  L_pkg            2.40nH            0.43nH               5.35nH
C_pkg            1.48pF            0.75pF               2.84pF

[Pin]     signal_name          model_name           R_pin     L_pin     C_pin
1           HSTL                        HSTL
  2           SSTL                     SSTL

  However, I read somewhere in the IBIS Spec and I had tried calling the .pkg file by placing in the same folder as my IBIS file but to no avail. I have some errors as such:

  1. I added in the [Package Model] keyword and define the package model name as QS-SMT-cer-8-pin-pkgs

  2. Then I copied the .pkg file content and paste it under the [Component] section - [Define Package Model]. But I have errors doing this as the pin numbers in the .pkg files are different from the pin number in my original IBIS file ([Pin] name goes 1, 2, 3 ... ) I follow the guideline of defining the package model but I could not find a way of calling the .pkg file from my original IBIS file when I perform my simulation.

  How do I used an IBIS file and include the package model which is in another separate .pkg file when I perform my simulation? Which is the best way to avoid having errors in the IBIS file so that I can load my IC modeling in the simulator tools (with errors in the IBIS file, im not able to proceed)
  Will the original Lumped RLC value interfere the result after I added in the .pkg package model?

  Appreciate if someone can answer my question above with the correct step of calling a separate .pkg package file with my IBIS file in the simulator tool. Thanks.

  Timmy