RE: [IBIS-Users] IV table voltage range for min max and typ corners

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 13:16:21 PDT
For the I-V curves you should use these sweep ranges
with respect to GND:

typ:  -3.3 to 6.6
min:  -3.6 to 6.3
max:  -3.0 to 6.9

i.e. always 6.6 below, and 3.3 above Vcc, whatever Vcc
happens to be (typ/min/max).  Alternately you can also
do 7.2 below and 3.6 above Vcc but that is not really
required.

Regarding V-t curves, Rref is not what you need to
be concerned about.  R_fixture and V_fixture is the
important thing.  The rule of thumb is to select
an R_fixture that matches the impedance the buffer
was designed to drive or something that allows the
waveform to cross Vmeas.

Rref is used for a different purpose.  It is part of
a load which was used to measure the device's Tco
delay to reach Vmeas.

Arpad