[IBIS-Users] European IBIS Summit at DATe 2008 - Third Call for Call for Paticipation

From: Ralf Brüning <ralf.bruening_at_.....>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 09:47:15 PST

To All:

       We have been holding successful European IBIS Summit Meetings

       for the past 10 years!  This year we are again holding a

       meeting along with DATe 08 on Friday, March 14th, 2008.

       The purpose is to promote communication among users and

       developers of IBIS models in Europe. The meeting is free and

       open to everyone.

       We tentatively have six persentations so far as noted in the

       Agenda portion of the Announcement, but we expect a few more.

       The meeting this year is sponsored (so far) by:

           Agilent Technologies

           Infineon

           Mentor Graphics

           Nokia-Siemens Networks

           Sigrity

           ZUKEN

       to cover room costs, sandwich-lunch and refreshments.

       WE THANK ALL THE SPONSORS, BUT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FURTHER SPONSORS !!!

       Below is some information on the IBIS Summit and some related events.

       You are invited to register and also to submit presentation proposals.

  Ralf Bruening

  Product Manager High Speed Design

  ZUKEN EMC Technology Center

               E U R O P E A N   I B I S   S U M M I T   M E E T I N G

               T H I R D   C A L L   F O R  P A R T I C I P A T I O N

Time/Date:     8:30 - 13:30, Friday, March 14, 2008

Location:      DATe Conference - ICM Munich

                       Room to be announced later

Content:       Presentations & Discussions

Purpose:       Solicit and Exchange IBIS Model Related Information and Ideas

Sponsors:      Agilent Technologies, Infineon, Mentor Graphics, Nokia Siemens Networks

               Sigrity and Zuken

               If your company would be interested in sponsoring this

               event, please contact or Ralf Bruening under

                 <ralf.bruening@zuken.de>.

DATE 2008 Conference Date: March 10th-14th, 2008

DATE Location: ICM - Munich Congress and Exhibition Center, Munich, Germany

DATE URL:      http://www.date-conference.com

BACKGROUND

    DATe (Design, Automation & Test in Europe) is the only European

    event dedicated to electronic system design and test.  Topics of

    current interest to the EIA IBIS Open Forum are addressed at DATE.

    This meeting will be conducted as a formal IBIS Summit Meeting.

    Presentations are expected to be available and archived in an

    electronic format, and minutes of the meeting will be issued. Any

    pending formal decisions (votes) will be announced at least two weeks

    prior to the meeting.

    Topics and presentations may include (list is open for further contributions):

      - Submitted Presentations on IBIS Topics (See below)

      - Information about the most recent IBIS Developments

      - Less formal Ad Hoc Presentations and Discussions

      - IBIS and Modelling Questions and Answers

      - IBIS Algorithmic Modelling

      - IBIS extensions/further requirements to match future technology evolution

    The meeting is free and open to everyone.  Refreshments/coffee and

    snacks/sandwiches will be provided).

CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS

    People involved in IBIS Model development, EDA tool development, and digital

    circuit design are invited to participate in the European IBIS Summit meeting.

    If you plan to participate, please register with the information below

    (deadline, March 6th, 2008):

      Name:

      E-mail address:

      Company:

      Telephone:

    Send an email to:

      Ralf Bruening (ralf.bruening@zuken.de)

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS

    We are seeking presentations from individuals who have IBIS experiences

    or issues.  Some suggested subjects of interest are:

      - IBIS Model Development Experiences

      - Company IBIS Standards and Requirements

      - Generating and Validating IBIS Models

      - Future IBIS Requirements

      - Modeling of dedicated technology issues (i.e., connectors, very high

        speed interfaces)

      - EMC/EMI and Power Integrity Issues

      - Experiences using IBIS in the PCB Design process

    Format of Presentation:  LCD Projections

    Time:                    15-30 Minutes

    Electronic Archival:     We request electronic versions for so they can be

                             archived and also made available to non-attendees.

                             We prefer Power Point or Acrobat formats.

    Deadline:                March 6th, 2008.  Please send presentations for

                             processing.  Otherwise please plan to bring 25

                                               copies for the meeting.

    If you plan a presentation, please supply

     Title:

     Presenter:

     E-mail address:

     Company:

     Telephone:

     Estimated Time:

  Send this to both:

     Ralf Bruening         (ralf.bruening@zuken.de)

     Bob Ross                 (bob@teraspeed.com)

AGENDA

    The agenda includes presentations, discussions, breaks and refreshments.  This

    will be developed as presentation proposals are received.

    So far we tentatively have:

    "Proper IBIS Package Modeling Techniques and Usage ib Ideal-PDS and SSO

    Simulations"

    Sam Chitwood, Sigrity, USA

    "IDQ - IBIS Quality Checker"

    Manfred Maurer* and Christian Sporrer**, *Siemens AG, and **Infineon AG,

    Germany

    "BIRD 104.1 - AMI Model - A New IBIS Support"

    Manfred Maurer, Siemens AG, Germany

    "Macromodels of IC Buffers Allowing for Large Power Supply Fluctuations"

    Flavio Canavero, Ivan Maio and Igor Stievano, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

    "New Interconnect Models Remove Simulation Uncertainty"

    Fangyi Rao*, Chad Morgan**, Vuk Borich* and Sanjeev Gupta*, *Agilent

    Technologies and **Tyco Electronics, USA

    Driver Schedule, Derating, Frequency, Pre-emphasis topic

    Eckhard Lenski, Nokia Siemens Networks, Germany

LIST OF NEARBY HOTELS

    See <http://www.date-conference.com/conference/?page=travel> for travel directions,

    hotels and other information

Ralf Bruening

High Speed Design/Partner & Solution Business

Zuken EMC Technology Center

Vattmannstr.3

33100 Paderborn - Germany

Tel:  ++49 (0) 5251 150 621

Fax:  ++49 (0) 5251 150 700

Cell: ++49 (0) 170  4228512

Email: ralf.bruening@zuken.de

Web: http://www.zuken.com

Zuken Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hallbergmoos

Register: Amtsgericht München HBR 108421

Geschäftsführer: Jinya Katsube, Gerhard Lipski

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you

have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and

delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

believed to be clean. -------------------------------------------------------------------- |For help or to subscribe/unsubscribe, e-mail majordomo@eda-stds.org |with the appropriate command message(s) in the body: | | help | subscribe ibis | subscribe ibis-users | unsubscribe ibis | unsubscribe ibis-users | |or e-mail a request to ibis-request@eda-stds.org. | |IBIS reflector archives exist under: | | http://www.eda-stds.org/pub/ibis/email_archive/ Recent | http://www.eda-stds.org/pub/ibis/users_archive/ Recent | http://www.eda-stds.org/pub/ibis/email/ E-mail since 1993 Received on Sun Mar 2 19:23:00 2008