RE: [IBIS-Users] RE: [IBIS] How to decide on simulation time.

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 09:44:15 PST
Hello, Shrikant,

Itzahk's suggestion of 1 bit period is good.  I often use 5*Tr_slow, which
is comparable.  With experience, you will learn how long transitions take to
settle.

Use a tool, such as s2ibis3 or ibiscenter or Cadence's Model Integrity, to
extract the tables from the simulation output.  Please note that these tools
do NOT take evenly spaced points, so reducing time to improve sampling is
not necessary.  Once the tables are created, they can be manually truncated
once they have reached DC.  This will be fairly clear, since there will be
large gaps between points in the table.

As Itzhak noted, it is important to check the IBIS model using the IBIS
parser (ibischk4).  To do this, you need to put the buffer model into a
complete IBIS file.  I usually keep a dummy file around; the file has one
component with one pin, and that pin calls the new model.  Then I can simply
insert the model into the file and parse.

Please feel free to submit your finished IBIS file to the IBIS Model Review
Committee http://www.eigroup.org/ibis/support.htm.  This will allow it to be
reviewed by several EDA vendors in their respective tool flows.

Best regards,
Lynne Green

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412