[IBIS-Users] RE: please validate the I-V table of the LVDS Buffer

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Mar 05 2008 - 09:27:09 PST
Muniswara,

You don't always need the series [Model] for a differential
buffer.  If there is no current flow between the pads, then
it is OK not to have them.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/summits/feb04a/muranyi1.pdf

On the other hand, if you don't include it when you need it,
you may get miscorrelation, as shown on pg. 5 in the following
presentation:
http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/summits/oct02/muranyi.pdf

As far as I know, you can only detect the presence of pad-to-pad
currents if you sweep the transistor level model's I-V curves in
the double sweep mode as described in the cookbook.  Once you
reduced these I-V curves to just normal single ended models
you won't be able to tell whether there was anything between
the pins.

I hope this helps.

Arpad