Re: [IBIS-Users] Re: [IBIS] ibischk4

From: Bob Ross <bob_at_.....>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 12:28:02 PDT
Hi Chetana:

The file name case sensitivity restriction was created so the
the IBIS file would be usuable with operating systems with
case-insensitive file name conventions (such as DOS, Windows).

The name length restrictions have been in IBIS from the beginning
for various practical reasons including readability of the file.
The restrictions have been retained, but have been relaxed in
more recent verions of IBIS.

If you set the [IBIS Ver] to 4.2, the length restrictions
will be checked with the latest constraints.  The error messages
might go away.

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs

Teraspeed is a registered service mark of Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC