RE: [IBIS-Users] Regarding S-Parameters models included on IBIS

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 17:03:46 PDT
Since no one else has replied, I will take a stab at it.

1) The RLC lumped package parameters are REQUIRED by IBIS syntax.  Many
tools have minimum values for these parameters.  If minimum values are an
issue, it might be necessary to include a simple package model to insure the
tool does not use the RLC pkg values.

2) The IBIS buffer data and the S-parameter data are maintained in separate
files within IBIS.

3) The S-parameter model is presently connected at the "schematic" or
"layout" level in most tools.  This means the user has to connect the
package ports to the package pins or pads.  This is expected to be fixed in
IBIS 5.x.

4) For customer use, an Application Note or web-based Design Kit is
invaluable.  This could, for example, show the easiest way for the customer
to hook up the package and chip.

Best of luck!

Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."
Next public IBIS seminar is Oct 9-10 in Fremont, CA.

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412