RE: [IBIS-Users] Re: [IBIS] Different PMOS and NMOS driver impedance

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 07:55:10 PDT
I gave a presentation on this subject and it is
available on the IBIS web site:

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/summits/mar06/muranyi1.pdf

It is not in the presentation, but I remember while
I was working on it I experimented with different
arrangements of the reactive elements.  For example,
a series versus a parallel capacitor and/or inductor.
A parallel capacitor is not as problematic as a series
capacitor can be and a series inductor may not be as
bad as a parallel inductor.  But they all have di/dt
or dV/dt in their equations, which is what is missing
in the basic 2EQ/2UK IBIS equations.

Of course, there is nothing that should prevent an
EDA vendor or even a model maker using the *-AMS
languages to write algorithms that use differential
equations to handle the reactive loads correctly...

Arpad