[IBIS-Users] problem from spectre to IBIS model

From: bi yuanbi <ybma2001_at_.....>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 18:15:13 PDT
Dear Experts,

I'm using Spectre simulator to generate IBIS model,
but at the I/V  curve simulation, there are a lot of  warnings, and the
simulation result is much different from Hspice simulation result.  Such
as:

WARNING (CMI-2139): xgnd_clamp.x_pad_io.xmxidrv2/mpout@39:
The bulk-source junction current exceeds `imelt'.  The results computed by
Virtuoso(R) Spectre(R) are now incorrect because the junction current model has
been linearized.

These happen for gnd clamp, power clamp,
pulldown and pullup simulation, the voltage sweep is -VDD ~ 2VDD, when the
voltage is too low, the simulation results (include ESD circuit) seems not
correct. for example: i_gnd_clamp=40A, the current is bigger, and the Hspice simulation result is about 20A.

Could you tell me how can I do
that?

Thanks a lot!!

bi