Re: [IBIS-Users] Dynamic behaviour of buffer

From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh_at_.....>
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 08:11:30 PDT
Arpad,

SPICE simulation performance varies widely depending on the complexity
of the model.  I've seen performance ranging from less than 2 to more
than 1000 bits/minute (and that's just with the models I've run in the
past few months).  I don't think we're talking about simulating a SerDes
channel here (i.e. no one was talking about simulating 100,000 bits or
more), and I don't sense that the behavior to be represented requires an
extracted post-layout transistor-level model.

Thus, I don't think that "having enough time for the simulations to get
done" will be the limiting factor.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products