[IBIS-Users] Regarding the Understanding of Vinl+/- & Vinh+/- sub-params

From: Vipul Pursottam PATEL <vipul.patel_at_.....>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 01:22:10 PDT
Hello Experts,

	I have a query regarding the explaination given for "Vinh+/-" & "Vinl+/-" sub-params of [Model Spec] Keyword given in IBIS specifications. According to IBIS specifications, "Vinh+/-" & "Vinl+/-"  can be used to Model the Rising Edge Switching region and Falling Edge Switching regions respectively for recievers with hysteresis. These sub-params specifies the regions where the thresholds for low-to-high & high-to-low transitions should appear.

	I am not able to understand how the Simulation tools (should) interpret/use this information while simulating for a rising or falling input (to a reciever with hyst.), for a particular Voltage & process. Which keyword specifies the high-to-low and low-to-high transition thresholds in case of reciever with Hysteresis? Also, how the transition at the recievers output look like, should it be a abrupt level switching on threshold crossing or something else?

Regards,
Vipul