RE: [IBIS-Users] Regarding the Understanding of Vinl+/- & Vinh+/- sub-params

From: Muniswara Reddy Vorugu <Muniswarareddy.Vorugu_at_.....>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 03:31:05 PDT
Hi Vipul,
I will try to explain with an example

Say, I/O supply (DVDD) is 3.3V
Rising   Vth+     Vinl+ = 1.2  Vinh+ = 2.0
Falling  Vth-     Vinl- = 0.8  Vinh+ = 1.6

Now - simulator will have three level =   0(low)  0.5(ambiguous) 1(high)

While rising 0 - > 3.3v
              0           - 1.2(vinl+)   =>  0
              1.2(Vinl+)  - 2.0 (Vinh+)  =>  0.5 (ambiguous)
              2.0(Vinh+)  and above      =>  1

While falling  3.3V -> 0
               3.3V            - 1.6V (Vinh+)  => 1
               1.6V(Vinh+)     -  0.8V (Vinl-) => 0.5 (ambiguous)
               0.8V          and below         => 0

This promises that say a signal has switched low-to-high ie.., crossed
(2.0), it will remain in high state even if signal oscillate or find a
kink( 0 - 2.0V - 1.65V - 3.3V), but not below 1.6V.

For more information please refer to,
http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/birds/bird39.txt

Thanks,
Muniswar