RE: [IBIS-Users] How to use ICM along with IBIS?

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 20:03:17 PDT
Dear Wei,

Unfortunately the answer to your first two questions
is NO.  The first answer is a no mostly because of
the problem with the second one.  IBIS doesn't have
pad names, it assumes that the number of pads is the
same as pins, and even though we discussed these problems
in several IBIS meetings, we haven't resolved this
problem yet.  We also considered a "subset" integration
between IBIS and ICM in which this assumption would
remain the same, but this would severely limit all
the good capabilities that come with ICM and it still
doesn't solve the burning need for being able to describe
multiple dies in a single package (MCM, stacked memory,
etc...).  The IBIS-ATM group is actively discussing
several proposals at this time to find a solution for this
need, but this is still work in progress.

I think to answer your last question, you need to check
out the how [ICM Node Map] keyword and the Side subparameter
of the [*** Path Description] keywords are used.  This may
be somewhat confusing, but had to do it this way, because
there are situations (mostly with cables) when the pin names
on both ends are the same...

I hope this answers your questions.

Arpad