[IBIS-Users] IBIS usage doubt

From: Canes Venatici <starsilic_at_.....>
Date: Sun Oct 19 2008 - 22:42:58 PDT
Hi all,
I have some doubts regarding the usage of IBIS models.

In the IBIS model,
1. Ramp measurement is done with a default value of 50ohms (R_load) connected to vref.
2. Rising/Falling waveforms can be simulated/measured with R_/L_/C_fixture/V_fixture.
3. Cref and Rref  are used for specifying the way delay was measured by the manufacturer.

With the above information incorporated in the IBIS file, if used for simulating the interface
will it be correctly representing the I/O?
For e.g. with R_/L_/C_fixture/V_fixture/R_load effects included in the waveform data, if I make
some external terminations, it is in addition to the R_fixture/R_load and may not correctly represent the system.

Instead, why don't we have just the un-loaded I/O buffer modeled in the IBIS, so that
the designer who is using IBIS can put appropriate interface and do the simulations.

Regards,
Canes