RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS usage doubt

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 08:20:38 PDT
Canes,

All of those parameters you mention are informational,
that is, they do not directly influence or describe the
behavior of the model.  They describe at what condition
the data was generated, or at what conditions certain
timing parameters were obtained.

Rest assured that a model generated under a specific
set of conditions will work reasonably well under other
conditions, but even if you have concerns about that,
the IBIS specification does have provisions for providing
V-t tables, for example at multiple sets of V_fixture
and R_fixture conditions.  And if this is still not
enough, you can always make multiple IBIS models and
use the [Model Selector] keyword to allow the user to
switch between them.

But you cannot make a (behavioral) model without any load.
How would you obtain Vmeas, for example?  Or how would the
internal algorithm of an IBIS tool determine what the
output current was when the V-t curves were generated if
there was no V_fixture and R_fixture connected to the
output?

I hope this helps to clarify your concern.

Arpad