[IBIS-Users] Analog switches in IBIS

From: rene voshol <rene.voshol_at_.....>
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 05:05:10 PST
Hi All,

I have questions regarding two issues with analog switches in IBIS.

1.       C_comp
I usually describe a switch with a Terminator model for the clamping behavior of the pin, and a Series_switch model for the actual switch current tables. The Switch model is then selected via the [Series Pin Mapping] and [Series Switch Groups] sections. Both models must have a C_comp defined.
I assume the C_comp represents the ON capacitance of the switch. Is this correct?
What C_comp will be used by the simulator? (Does the value in the Series_switch model replace the one in the Terminator model?)
What if I have an asymmetrical switch? In this case there will be different models with different C_comp values for the switch, but what about the C_comp value in the Terminator model?

2.       [Series Pin Mapping]
This describes which pins are connected to the switch. What if I have two packages, one with a flipped die. In this case the pin mapping changes.
Is there a nice way of combining this in one model? Or should I make separate models for each package?

Kind Regards,

René Voshol