[IBIS-Users] IV/VT mismatch warnings with all corners filie; no warnings with a single corner file

From: Anand Ramalingam <anandr_at_.....>
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 15:13:46 PST
Hi IBIS Experts,

I am trying to figure out why ibischk gives warnings about IV/VT
mismtach when I have all the corners in the IBIS file while it passes
without any errors or warnings for a single corner file.

I am attaching the 3 single corner files (ff_1p32_1p95_m40c.ibs;
ss_1p08_1p65_125c.ibs;  tt_1p10_1p80_25c.ibs) and one all corner file
(all.ibs).

When I run a ibischk on all.ibs, I get the following:

*------------------------------------------------------

IBISCHK4 V4.1.1

Checking all.ibs for IBIS 4.1 Compatibility...

--- first 5 warnings (not related to iv/vt mismatch) deleted ---

WARNING - Model MPADN: The [Rising Waveform]

      with [R_fixture]=50 Ohms and [V_fixture_min]=0V

      has MIN column DC endpoints of  0.00V and  0.32v, but

      an equivalent load applied to the model's I-V tables yields

      different voltages ( 0.02V and  0.34V),

      a difference of  6.05% and  6.95%, respectively.

WARNING - Model MPADN: The [Falling Waveform]

      with [R_fixture]=50 Ohms and [V_fixture_min]=0V

      has MIN column DC endpoints of  0.00V and  0.32v, but

      an equivalent load applied to the model's I-V tables yields

      different voltages ( 0.02V and  0.34V),

      a difference of  6.05% and  6.95%, respectively.

WARNING - Model MPADP: The [Rising Waveform]

      with [R_fixture]=50 Ohms and [V_fixture_min]=0V

      has MIN column DC endpoints of  0.00V and  0.32v, but

      an equivalent load applied to the model's I-V tables yields

      different voltages ( 0.02V and  0.34V),

      a difference of  6.05% and  6.95%, respectively.

WARNING - Model MPADP: The [Falling Waveform]

      with [R_fixture]=50 Ohms and [V_fixture_min]=0V

      has MIN column DC endpoints of  0.00V and  0.32v, but

      an equivalent load applied to the model's I-V tables yields

      different voltages ( 0.02V and  0.34V),

      a difference of  6.05% and  6.95%, respectively.

Errors  : 0

Warnings: 9

*------------------------------------------------------------------

I did check manually the Pulldown/Clamp data in single corner file
(ss_1p08_1p65_125c.ibs) and the one in min corner of all corner
(all.ibs) file. They look identical.

I am little puzzled by why there warnings in all.ibs file while none
shows up in ss_1p08_1p65_125c.ibs file. I would be glad if someone can
help me understand why this warnings show up!

Thanks

Anand

confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy
the information in any medium.  Thank you.