RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS version 4.2

From: Lynne D. Green <lgreen22_at_.....>
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 12:38:53 PDT
Hello, Shantala,

There is one significant change in data interpretation between 3.2 and 4.x.

In 3.2, it was up to the tool/user to decide how to interpret V-t tables
that did not have the same starting time.  (Typically, one V-t table would
start at 0nsec and the other at 50nsec or more.)  In 4.x, both tables are
assumed to start at 0nsec, no matter what the first time point in the table
is.  This pushes the responsibility for "backing out" any SPICE effects on
the model maker, rather than the tool/user.

Personally, I find it useful to set [IBIS Ver] to 4.2 for parsing, since the
additional messages can be helpful.  Of course, I also parse with the
original [IBIS Ver] in the model file.

Best regards,
Lynne

"IBIS training when you need it, where you need it."

Dr. Lynne Green
Green Streak Programs
http://www.greenstreakprograms.com
425-788-0412