RE: [IBIS-Users] IBIS - AMI - questions

From: Muranyi, Arpad <Arpad_Muranyi_at_.....>
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 13:58:09 PDT
Anand,

The only examples I am aware of on the web are the
SiSoft and Cadence AMI evaluation tool kits.

These have a Tx and an Rx model, including their
source code, and an executable which will let you
run them.  There is no IBIS file there, since as
I told you before, there is really not much in an
IBIS file other than a pointer.

http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20080523/sisoft/SiSo
ft_IBIS-AMI_Eval_Toolkit_v2_10.zip
http://www.vhdl.org/pub/ibis/macromodel_wip/archive/20080523/cadence/Cad
ence_IBIS_AMI_Evaluation_Toolkit_v2_1a.zip

Unfortunately these examples do not have a "healthy"
example of a parameter file (.ami) so you can't
use them to learn proper .ami file syntax.  The
SiSoft example uses a "proprietary" CSV file format
for entering the parameters and the Cadence example
uses an unofficial subset of the .ami tree format.

Arpad