Re: [IBIS-Users] Rref_diff keyword

From: Cynthia Low <ibis_user_at_.....>
Date: Wed Jul 08 2009 - 04:06:31 PDT
Thanks Bob and Tim.

I have a follow up questions, do you know why this Rref_diff keyword is noy create back in v3.2 IBIS specification when it is use to represent just the differential buffer test load parameters, just like the other single ended test load (Cref, Vref and Rref).

Can you confirm on the definition of using this subparameters of Rref_diff as the differential buffer test load parameters in the IBIS models?

Is the usage to let the IBIS user know how the relevant software will generate the clock to out time based on the software default test load setting, and with this test load information (including Rref_diff, Cref, Rref and Vref) the user will know how the software will interprete this set of default test load and obtain the TCO value in teh simulation Hyperkynx (for example), then we can then calculate the flight time?

Some question that i am still unclear:
1. In the IBIS spec example, the differential buffer use is with Model Type I/O_diff. (Please see below). But for my case, it is just an output buffer and not a 'diff' type. will that matter?

2. Also, eventhough the parser actually allow this Rref_diff keyword to pass the warning and error check but can we conclude that the correctness of the usage on this Rref_diff subparameters?

3. Can we conclude that the Rref_diff subparameters are just like the Cref, rref, and vref subparameters that is use to specified the timing test load? Can you please comment?

Lastly, can someone comment on the EDA usgae on this keyword? Or i need to file specific request to Menthor to requst for this information? Many many thanks.

[Model]         External_Model_Diff
Model_type      I/O_diff               | Requires [External Model]
Polarity        Non-Inverting
Enable          Active-High
| The [Diff Pin] vdiff value overrides the thresholds below
Vinl = 0.8V                            | Input logic "low" DC voltage, if any
Vinh = 2.0V                            | Input logic "high" DC voltage, if any
|                         | The true differential measurement point is at
|                         | the crossover voltage
|                         | The Vmeas value is overridden
Vmeas = 1.5V              | Reference voltage for timing measurements
|                         | Single-ended timing test load is still permitted
Cref = 5pF                | Timing specification test load capacitance value
Rref = 500                | Timing specification test load resistance value
Vref = 0                  | Timing specification test load voltage
|                         | These new subparameters are permitted for
|                         | single-ended differential operation based on the
|                         | [Diff Pin] keyword
Rref_diff = 100           | Timing specification differential resistance value

Regards
Cynthia