RE: [IBIS-Users] Quetion about the power clamp ranges.

From: Kobi Pinhas <kobi.pinhas_at_.....>
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 02:27:41 PDT
Sorry to bother you again.

But I am not sure that I understood all.

Especially the next sentence:

"But the most important thing, that everyone must do when creating IBIS
files, is to make sure that all device currents are properly accounted for.
This means that not only is nothing left out, but also that nothing is
counted twice."

I am using DDR buffer with internal termination of 50 ohm.

So when the voltage range is between 0 to VCC, I do not have a zero current.

Is that current should be treated as a leakage current?

If the power clamp and gnd clamp are overlapped (in the range 0 - vcc).

I will get the same current results for this range in the power and gnd
clamp. And I will have double counting.

Should I write the current results for this range only in one of the clamps
(gnd or power),

And in the second writing zeroes?

Thanks.

Kobi.