RE: [IBIS-Users] differential receiver ibis model

From: Lance Wang <lwang_at_.....>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 11:53:21 PDT
Hi, Raghavendra,
FYI.

You can use another method for fully differential pair driver/receiver IBIS
modeling. The idea is to focus on the pin pair of the differential model and
embedded the current between the pins into native IBIS I-V curves.

This method brings easy to model, accurate and almost no limits for the all
the types of differential pair buffers (true, half and pseudo, symmetrical
or not, etc.). And it is fully compatible with all IBIS simulators. (it only
uses native IBIS curves - pullup, pulldown, power clamp and ground clamps)

It has been implemented into our modeling tool and it is used by the
industry professionals now. The feedback is very positive so far.

I have a paper accepted by EMC Compo 2009 in Nov, 2009. (you will need to
wait for few more months) and planned to give a presentation in DesignCon
2010 about it.

You can send me private emails about this method and tools for more details.

Hope this helps,

Lance Wang
IO Methodology Inc.
www.iometh.com