[IBIS-Users] AMI convolution

From: Eric Monteiro <Eric.Monteiro_at_.....>
Date: Wed Nov 18 2009 - 07:55:25 PST
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone could clarify who is responsible for convolution in IBIS-AMI (EDA tool, or the modeler).

Clearly the convolution involving an FIR filter is upon the modeler, the convolution I speak of is the one that is done with the channel response.

My understanding has been as follows: (please correct me if I'm wrong)

(a) -- (Tx IC) -- (passive channel) --(b)--(Rx IC)

You force an impulse at (a), measure the response at (b).  (b) is the analog channel response hAC(t).  GetWave then needs a wave, which should be an ideal bit train, convolved with the bit period (creates a piece wise linear wave) which is then convolved with hAC(t) to produce the wave fed into GetWave.  There was discussion as to whether the modeler or the EDA tool should do the above convolution.  Has it been decided who this task falls on?

Best Regards,
Eric Monteiro

This communication contains confidential information intended only for the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete this communication from your mail box.