[IBIS-Users] IBIS-AMI Tool Support

From: Eric Monteiro <Eric.Monteiro@gennum.com>
Date: Wed Feb 03 2010 - 07:04:45 PST

Hello

Forgive me if I posted this is the wrong place.

I have been looking at channel designers from Mentor, Cadence, SiSoft, and Sigrity that claim to support AMI models. However, to date I have only seen Sigrity's channel designer support AMI models "out of the box", and can generate the BER curves, and statistical eye's.

In the case of Mentor, it looks like they only have special support for the Xilinx models embedded within the kit (? is this correrct ?). I assume this means Mentor does not yet have a tool where you can take any vendors AMI model and just drop into a schematic unless you work with them to develop a kit similar to Xilinx.

Does anyone know how Mentor (Hyperlynx GHz), Cadence (Signal Explorer), and SiSoft (Quantum Channel Designer) support out of the box AMI models?

Best Regards,
Eric

This communication contains confidential information intended only for the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete this communication from your mail box.