[IBIS-Users] IBIS File Help

From: Eric Monteiro <Eric.Monteiro@gennum.com>
Date: Thu Feb 04 2010 - 10:22:25 PST

Hello

I have generated an IBIS file for an ECL open collector driver. When I do the IBISCKH, I get 0 warnings and 0 errors. However, when I try to use the model in a certain tool, the output swings are not as expected.

1) My [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform] shows the wave go from 1.7 to 3.3 volts.
2) IBIS CHK comes back clean, so my DC tables must agree that those are the end points.
3) I place the part into the tool, terminate the open collector to the same R_fixture and V_fixture in the IBIS file
4) I run at the correct data rate, and the output comes out at 1.7 to 2.2 volts...

However in a different simulator I get 1.7 to 3.3 with the same test bench... BUT if I delete the [Rising Waveform] and [Falling Waveform] data, the two simulators agree.

Has anyone seen this with thier models?

Does this mean there is an issue with my IBIS files DC data? I am quite puzzled on this one.

(The file is quite large, I can send it to anyone interested in this issue)

Best Regards,
Eric

This communication contains confidential information intended only for the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete this communication from your mail box.