Re: [IBIS-Users] question about IBIS simulation for a complete inverter

From: ji xiao <xiaoji86@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 11:54:56 PDT

Dear Tom and Lynne,
Thanks very much! Your replies help me understand IBIS much better.
Actually I am trying to compare the transient simulation (voltage vs. time)
result of the IBIS model of an inverter with its PSPICE model. I connect the
inverter with a high value resistor and varying the rise/fall time of the
input pulse.
In my expectation, as the rise/fall time increases and other pulse values
unchanged, the difference between the two models in rise/fall time should be
smaller.However the result shows opposite. And this result is got by only
taking the IBIS output buffer. Thus, I doubt whether there are something
wrong with my circuit connection or anything else.

Thanks and regards,
Ji