RE: [IBIS-Users] problems about extracting IV curves from SPICE model

From: Mike LaBonte (milabont) <milabont@cisco.com>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 11:23:04 PDT

Yuancheng,

In general it sounds like you are using the right method. I would
recommend performing a simple waveform test into an R load to make sure
that all inputs to your SPICE buffer model are set correctly. Compare
that with the same fixture in IBIS.

A less likely problem is that your SPICE buffer model does not work well
when it's output node is forced to some voltage. If that is the case,
sometimes adding a small value series resistor between the pad and the
forcing voltage supply will help. It is then necessary to use the actual
voltage at the pad instead of the forcing voltage for calculations.

Mike