[IBIS-Users] V-t graphs look for IBIS models

From: Baker, Bonnie <bonnie@ti.com>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 15:40:06 PDT

During the QC review of our IBIS models, we had a short discussion about the basic format of the V-t graphics. There are a few things that we know

 1. The curves should not end too soon, meaning that they have not finished settling to their final DC value.
 2. The end points should be consistent with the IV curves.
 3. There are more points where the slope in changing (at least 10 points during the transitions)
 4. The lead time into the V-t Table is minimized

What we don't know is if there is recommended ratio between the time that the curve is transitioning from high to low (or low to high) versus the time that the curve is at its final DC value? For instance, I am recommending the approximate relationship of 1/3 to the time in transition and 2/3 of the time at a final stabilized DC value for the worst case curve (between the rising and falling curves).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Bonnie Baker
Sr. Applications Engineer