[IBIS-Users] IBIS DIFF input buffers

From: Eric Monteiro <Eric.Monteiro@gennum.com>
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 13:44:57 PDT

Hello Everyone

I need a little validation/clarification.

I have a differential input IBIS model, however my IBIS simulator is so out of date that it does not recognize the Series Keywords. So instead what I did was remove the series maping, and placed 2 single ended buffers with a resitor whos value equalled that in the Series R definition: i.e.

My understanding is that the Diff buffer in IBIS DC tables should be the COMMON mode current into ONE of the diffential pins (i.e. I assume its not the sum of the current into the 2 pins, or 2 times the current I think it is). Based on that, the above should be valid. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers,
Eric

This communication contains confidential information intended only for the addressee(s). If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete this communication from your mail box.