RE: [IBIS-Users] Non-existence of C_load in [Ramp] keyword

From: Tom Dagostino <tom@teraspeed.com>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 09:06:49 PDT

The RAMP key word only allows a purely resistive load which is the load that
should be used for extraction of VT curves and thus ramps. My experience
with models that have had non zero C_fixture is not good. The simulators
that I used with these models did not produce acceptable results showing
incredible amounts of waveform distortion. It is my recommendation (and
from members of the IBIS committee that I have discussed this with) not to
use C_fixture when extracting the VT curves. If you are making a model from
SPICE there is no need to have any capacitance in the load when doing the
simulations. If you are making the model from measurements you should be
able to design the test fixture to minimize any stray parasitic. BUT IN
ANY CASE DO NOT INCLUDE CREF IN THE MODEL UNDER C_FIXTURE!!!

Regards,

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs

13610 SW Harness Lane