Re: [IBIS-Users] Simulation with VT tables for different load conditions

From: Bob Ross <bob@teraspeed.com>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 11:52:22 PDT

Hi Sunrendra:

Even though IBIS has syntax to support reactive load elements
(L_fixture, C_fixture, and even L_dut and C_dut) we recommend
not extracting models using these elements. Some tools do not
even support these load elements, and others may support them
by vendor-specfic methods.

However, it is possible to process reactive loads by
accounting for the time-varying reactive path derivatives
within the four V-T methodology. One presentation provides
some details.

   http://www.eda.org/ibis/summits/sep07a/chen.pdf

Bob

--
Bob Ross
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC     Teraspeed Labs