RE: [IBIS-Users] IV-VT Correction

From: Tom Dagostino <tom@teraspeed.com>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 09:08:49 PDT

I concur with Arpad. Most of the models we develop are from measurements of
physical devices. It is very easy to make IV measurements with high
accuracy. But when it comes to VT measurements there are lots of issues
that can affect the accuracy of the fit to the IV curves. Scopes are not
nearly as accurate as DC meters, any attenuation between the DUT and the
scope add errors that need to be corrected. Circuit board trace impedance
control adds more uncertainty, etc.

When we make IBIS models from simulations we usually have fewer corrections
to make but we have higher confidence in the DC measurements than the AC so
we also correct the VT curves to the IV.

Tom Dagostino

Teraspeed Labs

13610 SW Harness Lane

Beaverton, OR 97008