[IBIS-Users] Bus Switch IBIS Models

From: Timothy Coyle <tim.coyle@siconsultant.com>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 09:35:27 PDT

Hi,

When you have MOSFET switch and model it using [Series Mosfet] keyword in
IBIS there are two ways to pin map it. The first way is to use [Model]
Series and just use [Series Pin Mapping] and this assumes that the switch is
always in On state. The other way is to use [Model] Series_switch with
[Series Pin Mapping] and [Series Switch Groups] and this way there can be
configured On and Off states. However I have found that most simulation/cad
tools do not fully support [Series Switch Groups] without manual
modification by end user. Modeling the switch as a Series device just Series
Pin Mapping seems to be the default supported state.

Has anyone else seen this issues of Series Switch Groups not being
supported? Even when I do some modifications for a tool to support it many
do not seem to use the Off state data. I would also be interested to hear of
the simulation usage case where someone needs the ability to switch between
On and Off states.

Thanks,

Timothy Coyle

President